Monday, December 2, 2013

I was resigned to let her cry and scream and stomp at the gate until she fell asleep on the landing. I was resigned until that little asshole drug a rocking chair out of her room to overcome the gate.



As I acquiesced to sit at the very edge of her bed, I just repeated (in my head) “You’re an asshole. You’re an asshole. You’re an asshole.” You would think I’d feel bad mind cursing my child. I don’t at all. She’s being horrible.



From the time we arrived at home she cried/whined about coming in from the garage, taking off her jacket, because the 4th well in her dinner plate was empty, brushing her teeth, putting on her PJs, and now she’s upstairs dragging something else around.



Parenting is sometimes really hard.



Job is away on business.



I am so tired.



And she’s an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment